Why Use Promotional Products
Promotional Products are useful and tactile items imprinted or decorated with an advertiser’s logo or message. These items are designed to increase brand awareness among consumers.
Do They Work?
You bet they do! And very effectively. Let’s demonstrate how exactly…
Research shows that most organisations have a dedicated promotional products budget. This tends to comprise of up to 10% of the annual marketing budget. The most popular method of sourcing solutions and products was via a preferred or pre-existing relationship, highlighting the importance placed on strong relationships between distributors and their clients.
APPA research shows:
90% of large corporates use promotional products to increase brand awareness. The next most popular reasons were: adding value to attendees at events or activities, reinforcing brand value, connecting with consumers and creating a way to stand out from competitors.
84% agreed promotional products offer value for money and 81% said the suppliers they had worked with, understood their business needs. Being proactive, creative and innovative was also highly regarded (70%+ agreed).
According to the Global Advertising Specialties Impression Study 2016:
Promotional products are one of the most high-impact, cost effective advertising mediums. Consumers who receive a promotional product will typically give them to someone else when they are finished.
Across Australasia, studies show on average that individuals have 7 promotional products in their homes and/or offices.
According to research conducted by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) based in the US, recipients of promotional products have a significantly positive opinion of a business through:
- Increase in positive overall image
- More positive perception of the business
- Higher likelihood of recommending the business
- Higher likelihood of patronising the business
- 58% of respondents keep a promotional product anywhere from one year to more than four years.
- Endless array of options – with hundreds of suppliers across Australia and New Zealand, there are thousands of promotional products that can fit any budget. Having a variety of options allows for greater flexibility when planning out a marketing campaign of any size.
- Today’s consumers expect brands to reach them on a personal level. What better way to connect with consumers at these events than with promotional products?