Direct to product rotary digital printing involves the transfer of UV ink directly from inkjet print heads and can be used to produce both spot colour and full colour branding.
The advantages of Rotary Printing include:
- Ideal for large or complex multi-colour or full colour prints.
- The print is dry and ready to ship as soon as the product is printed.
- Only one setup charge is required irrespective of the number of print colours.
- Any product colour can be printed with no loss of colour vibrancy.
- Variable data may be available
- Production speed is limited so lead times can be longer is some cases.
- PMS colours are approximtate only
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic silver and gold.
- The print cannont be joined requiring a small space between where the print starts and ends.
- Rotary digital is more expensive than conventional branding.
Rotary screen printing is achieved by forcing ink through a fine mesh screen with a squeegee onto the product and is ideal for branding cylindrical promotional products like sports bottles.
- Close PMS colour matches are possible on white or light coloured products.
- Ideal for large solid areas of colour
- Most screen print inks are quick drying and can be packed immediately after printing
- Metallic gold and silver is available.
- Halftones and very fine lines are not recommended.
- Close PMS colour matches are more difficult on darker products and will only be approximate.
- Single colour print only available on most items especially drink bottles.
It is a requirement that artwork is supplied in vector outline format.