Promotional Products Work
What are Promotional Products?
Promotional products are useful, tangible items imprinted with an advertiser’s name, logo or message, designed to increase branded awareness among consumers. Promotional products are an incredibly powerful marketing tool since they allow a brand to connect with consumers by engaging their senses. As one of the only forms of advertising that allows consumers to interact with a brand on a physical level, promotional products often create a more memorable brand experience
88% of people remember the Advertiser on a Promotional Product…
Promotional Products are ideal for creating awareness…
People keep Promotional Products. 82% say they own one…
In Hard Economic Times Promotional Products Provide Affordable, Accountable, Measurable Advertising
Now more than ever, marketers need to reward and build brand loyalty. It is important to continue to acknowledge and thank clients, employees and suppliers.
Marketers spend $1.5 – $2 billion dollars (AUS) a year on promotional products for one reason, they work.
- 52% say their impression of a company is more positive after receiving a promotional product.
- 76% recall the name advertised on the product.
- 55% keep the item for more than one year.
- Nearly 50% of recipients use them daily.
- 52% of people do business with a company after receiving a promotional product
- Spend less, achieve more and remind people about the benefit of doing business with you.
Promotional Products in the Home:
- How many people have at least one promotional product in their kitchens? 91%
- How many have 2 or more in their kitchens? 81%
- In fact, the kitchen is the #1 place people use and keep their promotional products.
- (People spend on average 3-5 hours a day in their kitchens)
Promotional Products in the Office:
- How many people have at least one promotional product in their offices? 74%
- How many have 2 or more in their offices? 59%
- In the work place, more than half of people hold onto their promotional product from 1 to more than 4 years.
Reach & Recall:
- 71% of business travellers surveyed reported receiving a promotional product in a 12 month period.
- 7% of this group had the item on their person.
- 56% of people kept their promotional product for more than one year.
How effective are Promotional Products in staff retention, motivation and brand interest?
- 75% of Human Resource managers surveyed are using promotional products in recognition programs.
- 72% of marketing and HR managers said that promotional products are very effective in motivation and retention of staff.
- 100% of advertisers said that adding a promotional product returned a favourable response to their campaign.
- 69% of advertisers said promotional products increased brand interest and 84% said it created more favourable impressions of the brand itself.
Understanding the medium:
- A product is just a product, until it is linked with a promotion, it then becomes an advertisement.
- The most successful advertising campaigns are the result of a planned strategy.
- Throwing products at your target market without that planning is a waste of your marketing dollars.
- The product is only one component in the whole campaign.
- The creativity used to get a response is the key to increasing profits and promoting brands.
Successful campaigns require:
- Strategic ‘logistical’ and ‘emotional’ roll out
- Action engagement triggers
- Data collection analysis
- Technical logo application knowledge
- Creating the difference between a ‘passive’ and ‘active’ promotion
For over 25 years APPA has represented the regions of Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. APPA members now include over 800 of the top promotional product professionals in the region. APPA promotes the development and good standing of that segment of the advertising industry which is concerned with the manufacture, distribution and application of promotional products in accordance with business practices and ethics which meet the highest industry and community standards.
APPA provides their members with a Code of Conduct, training and education, purchasing pricing advantages and yearly acknowledgement of promotional excellence through their annual awards.
APPA is a proud, founding member of the International Federation of Promotional Product Associations (IFPPA) and they promote professionalism, ethics and communication throughout the worldwide, multi-billion dollar promotional industry.